Cody and I have spent the last 3 days in Rome exploring the city on our own while Laura has been hosting Camp Wawa (we are SO grateful!). Needless to say, two of us are much more relaxed than the other! While the girls had a grand time with playgrounds, picnics, parties, story time, and just playing at home, Cody and I strolled through the Colosseum, toured St. Peter's and the Sistene Chapel, ate lots of Italian food, and enjoyed gelato at the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. We walked a lot, learned a lot and were continuously amazed by a city where the past and the present are so intertwined. Some memorable scenes: a woman riding her bike (one with a basket in front) while talking on a cell phone, the computer guys pushing a box of cat 5e cable through the ruins of the Roman Forum, and huge Panasonic screens resting in front of 400 year-old columns in the Vatican Square. A vacation during our vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome back.... So glad everything went well for you and Cody. I'm glad everyone is under the same roof again. Well, it will even be better on Friday when Chris joins in all the fun. I know Laura had her momments, but she survived, and my baby girls had fun playing together.
I'll be looking for more updates.
Love you all
Mom
Post a Comment