"I loved the first day of kindergarten!" For the first time that day a few tears fell behind my sunglasses in emotional release. Hearing stories of the yellow bars on the playground ("I call it a jungle gym."), time in the library ("They read two books about Courdoroy and a little girl at the library."), the 3 boys at her table ("There's supposed to be two boys and two girls.") and much more, we all enjoyed a first day ice cream treat.
Monday, August 22, 2011
First Day - Part 2
After leaving Hannah, as Megan likes to say, "Mommy has 2."
The girls didn't miss a beat and had lots of fun together.
I busied myself with pictures and cleaning. We visited neighbors, had lunch and squeezed in Emma's nap. By 3:00 we were in the web of people trying to get to their little ones. Cody met us and I left him in the van so I could get to the crowd on foot. It took me a minute, but I eventually found my familiar face in the sea of solid-colored polo shirts. Her smile said it all.
"I loved the first day of kindergarten!" For the first time that day a few tears fell behind my sunglasses in emotional release. Hearing stories of the yellow bars on the playground ("I call it a jungle gym."), time in the library ("They read two books about Courdoroy and a little girl at the library."), the 3 boys at her table ("There's supposed to be two boys and two girls.") and much more, we all enjoyed a first day ice cream treat.
We are going to miss Hannah at our lunch table, but we will all enjoy sharing her new journey and excitement. As I prayed with her this morning, may she always be strong and courageous and know that the Lord her God is with her wherever she goes.
"I loved the first day of kindergarten!" For the first time that day a few tears fell behind my sunglasses in emotional release. Hearing stories of the yellow bars on the playground ("I call it a jungle gym."), time in the library ("They read two books about Courdoroy and a little girl at the library."), the 3 boys at her table ("There's supposed to be two boys and two girls.") and much more, we all enjoyed a first day ice cream treat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment