We are not to decorating yet, but today we did get out the Little People Nativity and Advent Calendar. Hannah was much more into things than Megan. Of course, Hannah is very into "playing family" as she calls it. From what I can tell that just means she uses "people" (dolls, stuffed animals, princess cookie cutters - whatever) to talk to each other. She can entertain herself for quite a while this way. I just wish I could hear all the conversation, but they are almost to herself in her own little world.
We have had fun as I narrate the Christmas story and Hannah moves the characters around. Our set has a dog that came with the shepherds. Our pet lover wanted Baby Jesus to have the dog instead of the shepherds. So if you ask, she will tell you it is his.
The Advent Calendar is magnetic with wooden pieces of the scene behind doors to open each day. I had to give up "the right way" of only opening one door since Hannah was so excited about looking at the pieces. The box does have the key of what piece goes in what number door and she likes using it to put everything away. Maybe it won't be a tool for the countdown but for counting from 11-24 instead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our talk about the innkeeper has me looking for toys that could play that part with our nativity. I think Little Guttie wins. When I looked in their room earlier, one of the shepherds was riding in the Hummer, and Jack was trying to put a wise man in one of the race cars. Oh, fun little minds!
Post a Comment